Panther requests cocktail room approval
The Osakis City Council will hold a public hearing at its regular Monday, March 6 meeting on a request from Panther Distillery to amend the city's liquor ordinance to include a cocktail room at the micro distillery.
The city has already approved the off sale of micro bottles at Panther Distillery.
Panther pays a license fee of $250 per year to operate the distillery. Other cities that have micro distilleries with cocktail rooms have additional fees separate from the distillery license.
State law allows for cocktail room licenses granted by the licensing authority.
Following the Public Hearing, the City Council will take official action on the ordinance amendment, and decide if there will be an additional fee for the cocktail room.
In other action at its Feb. 6 meeting, the City Council:
• Approved the Board of Review meetings for Tuesday, April 11 at 9 a.m. for Todd County and 10 a.m. for Douglas County, by appointment only for assessment year 2017, taxes payable 2018.
• Set the annual Osakis Clean Up Day for Saturday, May 13, and will request the Hazardous Waste Trailer to be at the clean up day again this year.
• Heard a memo from Osakis Public Schools regarding the Monday, March 20 meeting regarding the Summer Rec Joint Powers, which will discuss financing of the 2017 program.
• Approved a payment of $500 to West Central Initiative on Osakis' commitment of $2,500 to the WCI Endowment Fund; $1,000 is left to be paid on this.
• Approved the removal of a street light at the corner of Lake Street and K Street at the request of Kevin Haglund. This location is a short street that leads into Osagi Park, and it has a large directional sign, and 10 mph speed limit. The light illuminates Haglund's home and is a nuisance.
• Heard a report on the purchase of Ortendahl's lot at Central and Main streets for $40,000. The abstract is being sought, and a title review is recommended.
• Heard a letter from Charter Communications that there will be price increases effective Feb. 21, 2017 to $23.89 for basic TV service, $62.99 for TV Select; and $7.99 for Latino View.