Osakis to hold firearms safety class
Firearms safety classes will be offered in in Osakis, starting April 21.
Organizers provided the following information:
• Open to students ages 11-17, student must be 11 years old by May 5, 2017 to enroll in the class.
• To register for the class, students/parents must call or email Jeff Johanson at (320) 760-8687 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Students will need to complete the hunter course online training at •" target="_blank">www.huntercourse.com/usa/minnesota/ •
•Students will need to print off the "voucher of completion," and pay a $24.95 fee to the hunter course upon completion (payment taken care of online.) The online training will need to be completed, and the "voucher of completion" printed off and presented at the second classroom session (Friday, May 5.)
• There will be two classroom sessions. The first classroom session will be held on Friday, April 21, 6 to 8 p.m., at the Osakis Community Center. The second classroom session will be held on Friday, May 5, 6 to 8 p.m. at the Osakis Community Center (students must attend both classroom sessions and the field day.)
• The classroom portions will involve a video, discussion, quiz, and hands-on handling of firearms, and should last about two hours. A parent or guardian will need to attend to complete necessary paperwork.
• Students will need to attend the field day which will be held on Saturday, May 6 starting at 9 a.m. The field day should last about four to five hours. Participants will meet at the Osakis VFW or liquor store parking lot at 9 a.m. Students will be asked to bring a long gun to the field day. These firearms will not be fired and will be checked and cleared at the beginning of the day. If a student does not have a long gun to bring, contact one of the instructors and organizers will make arrangements for that. Make sure no ammunition is with the gun. Parents/guardians are encouraged to attend as well, but if not, will need to make arrangements to pick up students.
• Students will need to dress for the weather/conditions (long pants, boots/shoes, jacket, hat, etc...). Participants will be walking in the woods/fields and possibly soggy areas.
• The field day will not be cancelled unless the weather is very bad.
• If a student has special needs such as allergies, etc., contact one of the instructors.
For questions, contact Jeff Johanson at (320) 760-8687 or email@example.com.