Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Garage burns north of Osakis

A large garage smolders north of Osakis on Monday, Dec. 4. Officials said the building was expected to be a total loss. (Jeff Beach / Osakis Review)

A large garage caught fire Monday morning, Dec. 4, at a home north of Osakis.

Firefighters were called to the home at 1833 Calvary Road Northeast just before 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 4.

According to a news release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, homeowners Angie and Keith Reinke, said they found a small smoldering fire near a wood-burning stove inside the garage.

The Osakis Fire Department responded and found the garage had large visible flames.

The garage had been modified to contain a small recreational area. It is believed the garage

and contents are a total loss, the news release said.

North Ambulance was called as a precaution but no injuries were reported.

Advertisement