It's once again that time of year - time to enter the Osakis Review/ Echo Press' Light up the Night Christmas lights contest.
Along with a business category, there are four categories for individual residences. Unlike previous years, past winners are eligible to win this year.
Here are the categories:
• Best Decorated Business: Judging is based on the storefront.
• Most Elegant: Symmetry, sparkle, coordination and beauty. Judges will look for the display that exemplifies class.
• Best Novelty (inflatables/yard art): Do you have a Frosty the Snowman inflatable decoration? What about a team of lighted reindeer? Now's their time to shine.
• Most Unique: Creativity will capture the win for this category.
• Best Nativity Scene: Nativity scenes are a staple at Christmastime.
The deadline to enter is noon on Monday, Dec. 10. To enter, cut out and send in the entry form that's printed in the Echo Press, Osakis Review and Shopper, or call the Echo Press office at 320-763-3133.
Judging will take place the evenings of Wednesday, Dec. 12, and Thursday, Dec. 13, so be sure your lights and décor are lit up.
Winners will be announced in the Wednesday, Dec. 19 issues of the Osakis Review and Echo Press, along with photos of the winning displays, and a list of locations for all contest entries.
Prizes will be awarded to winners in the individual categories. The winning business will receive free advertising in the newspaper.
For more information about Light Up the Night, contact Michelle at 320-763-3133.