Fire damaged a house near Nelson Friday night.

At 10:39 p.m., the Douglas County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call from Leah Marthaler, a homeowner at 8344 County Road 30, about four miles north of Nelson. She said a wood burning stove had caught fire and the fire was spreading inside the house.

When deputies arrive on scene, there were visible flames coming from the home near the chimney, according to the sheriff's office.

The Carlos Fire Department was able to extinguish the flames. The home sustained smoke and fire damage. No injuries were reported.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office was assisted by the Carlos Fire Department and First Responders.